Global banking expertise
We're working to help you improve your cash flow, manage risk, and compete more effectively in the global marketplace.
Wells Fargo offers a wide array of products and services that can help meet your treasury management needs in Canada. Manage all of your North American treasury operations through a single banking relationship, increasing visibility and control of your accounts and liquidity.
Whether you have a subsidiary in Canada and need an operating account, or you simply need to make basic payments and collections, we offer account solutions to fit your specific needs.
- Accounts. Open Canadian and US-dollar accounts to improve control over Canadian cash flows and minimize costly foreign exchange conversions. You can manage these accounts, domiciled with Canadian Branch, centrally in Commercial Electronic Office® (CEO®). We offer you a consolidated account analysis statement covering all your Wells Fargo accounts around the globe.
- Treasury Information Reporting(TIR): TIR delivers automated, customizable information about business activities online through the CEO portal, putting extensive, real-time information at your fingertips, whether accessing CEO through desktop or mobile devices.
- SWIFT for Corporates: The SWIFT platform enables you to leverage a single network to transmit and receive financial data (e.g., payments, treasury and securities orders, and reporting files) to over 11,000 member financial institutions in more than 200 countries around the world.
Payments and collections
- Wire transfers. We offer cross-border wire initiation capabilities via CEO, allowing you to send payments quickly and securely throughout the world, from a CAD or USD account in multiple currencies, 24/7.
- Automated Funds Transfer (AFT): AFT allows you to send and receive payments from across Canada. The CEO tool offers a secure and simple solution to manage AFT payment types and capture all standard and customized reports under CEO TIR.
- Global payments automation. Originate your company's global payments direct from your accounting or enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to the Payment Manager® service for straight-through processing. With Payment Manager you can send a single electronic file to Wells Fargo containing directions for multiple payment types – including both domestic and international payments.
- Collections. We offer Canadian Dollar and US Dollar accounts to simplify your receivables process and enable you to collect AFT or wire payments.
- WellsOne® Commercial Card (CAD). The Canadian dollar (CAD) commercial card is designed to link to your program in the U.S., so you don't have to handle a separate card program for locations in Canada. This allows your company to use one issuer, one account manager, one service centre, and one reporting tool accessed through a single sign-on in CEO.
- Foreign exchange. Wells Fargo's team of foreign exchange specialists helps you move money to and from overseas locations.
- Receivables Manager: Receivables Manager optimizes cash flow by enabling you to quickly and conveniently receive detailed payment information electronically from multiple payment sources.
- Inbound Request for Transfers (IRFTs): Using CEO Wires you can give instructions to Canadian Branch to transfer funds from a specified and authorized account to multiple beneficiaries holding a Wells Fargo Account or with any other bank across the Globe.
Find articles, case studies, and advice to move your treasury operations from a cost center to a profit center on our Treasury Insights‡ website.
Our relationship and lending managers live and work where you do and have the authority to make lending decisions locally. They strive to bring their knowledge of your economy and business environment to provide you with an informed perspective. With regional offices in Calgary, Mississauga, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver, and around the world, we understand the value of taking the time to get to know your business and providing guidance on financial services that can help you achieve your business goals.
Our customers are businesses with annual revenues of $20 million or more, including:
- Service companies
We also have expertise in and services for specific industries:
- Food and agribusiness
- Higher education
- Clean technology
- Environmental services
- Marine and recreational vehicles (RVs)
Services for businesses
We want to help you optimize working capital for your day-to-day operations and help you access funding so you can pursue your plans for growth. As your business grows, we'll work to connect you to additional Wells Fargo resources for your financial needs.
Our capabilities include:
- Tailored financing options
- International capabilities, including foreign exchange
- Risk management
- Investment banking and capital markets services
- International treasury management
Working with you
Our job is to listen to you and address your unique financial needs. We'll take the time to understand your day-to-day operations, challenges, and vision. Staying close to your business helps us focus on providing insightful advice and recommendations so you can keep pace with changing market conditions and business priorities. Our local relationship managers will work with you on core financing and treasury management structures, and coordinate a team of specialists and resources to help you overcome challenges and make the most of new opportunities. Our goal is to earn your trust through our extensive knowledge, long-term personal relationships, and outstanding service.